Friday, February 13, 2009

A Perfectly Happy Valentine's Day! or as Chet said, "I am immobilized by love!"

Days like these are the days I love being a stay at home mom! I love getting all the treats together for the big parties and hanging out in the kids classrooms watching them have fun with all their classmates! This is the kind of stuff I'm glad I'm able to be a part of! The boys and I made chocolate treats for their classmates with the chocolate and molds you can get at Michaels. They thought that was pretty darn cool! I have to say they turned out alright for our first try at it. Probably won't ever be perfect, but really I'm just looking for the good memory of doing it together!

So, you can see the chocolate fountain here in Chet's class that our homeroom mom was able to borrow on our behalf! WOW! Is possible for a party to be bad when there is a chocolate waterfall in the room?! The kids actually did really well with it and weren't nearly as messy as you might think. They even dipped healthy stuff in it like strawberries and bananas! Then their teacher took them to go PLAY for the last part of the day. It was about 70 degrees this afternoon and just goregous outside. The kind of afternoon that makes you happy to be alive!









Ethan made me this hat in his class! I don't actually think he made it for me - I think he just didn't want to wear it himself! Little Stinker! Anyway, his class had a lunchtime pizza party and an extra long recess! Mrs. Weyher even took them out for recess again in the afternoon, so Ethan said the day was "awesome"! (His favorite word at the moment!)
So, tomorrow's the real Valentine's Day and we wish you all the love in the world! Enjoy yourselves and hug your loved ones a little tighter today! Love to all!
Kelli
P.S. Chet's quote from above is from one of his Pokemon games. I thought it couldn't be more perfect for today!




2 comments:

amy said...

You're so sweet! Don't be offended by my blog about my Valentine's party! In case you haven't realized I'm a bit more dramatic about things than what they really are!

I love Chet's quote! Where did he come up with that?

Dad Panique said...

The Boys are so blessed to have a wonderful mom like you. You do so much with them, I don't know where you have the time to come up with such a thoughtful blog. Keep up the good work you are doing great!