Can I just say that I LOVE this show?!! I've watched every season and the creativity that goes on never ceases to amaze me! While I'm still trying to decide if I like the new hosting/judging crew they have for the All-Star edition, I do know that I am in love with the challenges.
For the first challenge this season, the returning designers had $100 to shop only at the 99 Cent Store! The unconventional challenge is always my favorite. In the past, they've had dresses made out of candy wrappers, Twizzlers, umbrellas, recycled peanut bags, lettuce (not very successful), corn husks (very successful), flowers, plants and paint roller trays. Now, I am most assuredly NOT a fashion designer. I can not sew, even though my grandmother and my mother tried to teach me several times. I'm not really even a person who follows fashion all that much, but what I love and why I think this challenge in particular appeals to me, is that it requires the designers to look at things in a completely different way!
As a scrapbooker and scrapbooking teacher, this completely inspires me! It motivates me to use "my stash". When I know what I want to use to finish a page but I don't own the exact product that I am picturing in my mind, I hear this little voice asking, "What can I use instead?" or "How can I create the same effect with this piece of paper/ribbon/chipboard I've owned for 10 years?" How cool is that?
It's motivated me to make my own flowers,
use my letter stickers in a different way,
and even better, it gets me using product that's just been sitting around for a while along with trying new techniques! So, let the designer get to designing and let me get to scrapping!




1 comment:
Hi Kellie, Love this blog, I love project runway to but will have to wait for it to come to Melbourne, Australia. I have to tape it as hubby cannot stand it so it's nice when I can have the tv all to myself. Your winter layout is lovely and you are so clever using the lace to make your flower, love, love love it.
Post a Comment