Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Today was a GOOD day!



I finally got to scrap today! It took an hour to clean off my craft table so I could actually start, (hey, not all those legos were mine!), but it was so worth it! I put together the layout for the first class of my Year in Review series at A Memory to Scrap. Hard to believe this will be the fourth year in the series! It has been such a blessing to me in so many ways - creatively, personally, professionally. I am forever thankful to Ashley for giving me a chance to teach this hobby that I love! Speaking of the hobby I love....


I got to scrap today!! Yay! I pulled out the Bazzill Worth Remembering collection and stared at it for it a while. (No one really mentions just how much staring is involved in scrapbooking, but let me assure you, there is a LOT!) Then I punched out a few flowers and a few circles and started layering away. I just can't tell you how good it felt to be creative. It has been a busy, busy couple of months with my nose to grindstone trying to accomplish tasks for the betterment of my family and community. It seems I've had a series of weeks where there is something to do from the minute I wake up until the minute I go to bed. And, since creating a layout today for my class could be considered work, I felt so refreshed at the end of the afternoon because I got to CREATE SOMETHING!! It didn't feel like work at all!

And, to top it off? My 12 year old son said, "I can't believe the things you are able to do with that paper!"

Ah, yes.

Today was a good day!

No comments: