Friday, January 11, 2008

It's a start anyway!


Hi all!
I've decided this would be a fun way to keep in touch with our friends and family out there. You know, let you know what's going out here in the country! (Only if you really want to know!) Also, I find I'm getting forgetful in my old age and I hope that by writing down the silly little things my boys say and do that I will remember them! Of course, that helps with my scrapbooking, so I guess this blog has almost purely selfish intentions! Hopefully, none of you will be offended by that and will enjoy a little with me here and there. And if no one ever reads this, then that will be okay too!
Chet is, as I write, on a flight from Paris to Dubai (United Arab Emirates). We really had a great visit and the last week felt so normal. Such a feeling I'm not used to. We are truly homebodies and spent much of the time hanging out, playing games and cooking. Chet is a fabulous cook and thankfully for me, it's how he likes to relax when he is home! Mom & Dad sent us wonderful Allen Brothers steaks for Christmas. (Thanks, Mom & Dad) Chet seasoned them with his own concoction and then smoked them in the smoker. I am not kidding you, it was the BEST steak I've ever had, and he has made some pretty good ones over the years! Wow! Melt in your mouth!
So, now we are back to being one down in the Panique house and I have to go back cooking for myself! Bummer! Well, that's the way it is right now and we are looking forward. Mom, Melissa and Andy already have plane tickets to come out for Spring Break! So, now I can start planning my projects to be done for their arrival, but not today, I don't think I will even get out of my pajamas today. It is a day of decompessing and readjusting (and catching up on my Tivo!).
Okay, so I don't think I'll make all my entries this long (or maybe I will), but just so you know this blog is set up so only people with permission can access it. So, you should all feel special! Have a great day!

6 comments:

Lottie said...

Miss Kelli,
What a great idea...so glad to be a part of your blog now. I think it would be fun to have one also. However, not sure anyone would really read it much...ha ha...glad you had a wonderful time with Chet & the boys. Sorry he had to go again. Hope it is not for long. Glad your doing good. Loved the pictures you sent me..Brett was tickled to see them...take care

dencat012001 said...

Hi, Sweetie,

I love this idea! We can't wait to get there. You know you don't have to do anything special for us. We are just looking forward to spending time with you. Andy thought you were here last night when I was talking to Mel. She told him I had talked to the boys and he tohought they were here. He just loves spending time with them. Have a great weekend. Take some time off and have fun!!!!!!

love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Great idea! Look forward to your next entry. It's fun to catch up.

Anonymous said...

Leave it to you to think of such a great idea. Look forward to reading more of your entries.
...Chet and Susan

Anonymous said...

Hello My Favorite Sister,
I love this idea, I also love to hear your stories about the boys, and I know there will be a lot more. I cant wait to come out and see you guys, we are going to have so much fun. Andy will be so excited. I love you!
Cant wait until the next entry.
Mel

Justine Brashear Moore said...

Hi Kelli! Thanks for the blog! This is great since we never seem to connect even on Messenger! I created a blog too a couple of weeks ago to chronicle me getting back in shape... that never-ending quest! I'll have to send you a link. Anyway, this was fun to read! And yes,they should all be long entries!