Monday, May 25, 2009

It's like their 1st Christmas all over again

So yesterday, being the Mean Mom that I am, I MADE the children go outside and play. Not long after, they came inside to tell me how boring it is outside and how there's nothing to do. I reminded them that they have about a half a million footballs, soccer balls and baseballs, not to mention bikes and scooters, and I sent them back outside to go find something to do! Now, in the back of Mom Mind I remembering hearing somewhere that it's good for kids to be "bored" because eventually it makes them have to use their imagination to find something to do.

So, a little while later I head outside to see what they've found to do and this is what I find:
Yes, that's right, they found a box with those air wrap bags which they turned in to the fashion of the day. It's like on their first birthday where they'd rather playing with boxes and the gift wrap than the actual toy that came in it!

Luckily, today they found something more conventional to play with:

One thing's for sure: A Slip & Slide is never a waste of money!

1 comment:

amy said...

slip n slides totally rock!!!!