Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

I am one lucky girl! Look at these two beautiful boys that make me proud to be a mama this Mother's Day. They started the day by making me breakfast and bringing it to me in bed! Together they made scrambled eggs and sourdough toast! (Plus, they brought me one of those delicious chocolate covered strawberries! That's a good way to start any day!) They were just so sweet about it all! Chet told me all about how they made them and how he wasn't quite sure what to do, but he tried his best. He added a little bit too much milk to the eggs, but honestly, that's what made the kid-made breakfast so perfect!

For lunch, since Dad couldn't be with us, he sent a gift card to P.F. Chang's! So, the boys took me there! They had never been, so I was a little nervous about whether or not they would like the food. They loved it! Their favorite was the Mongolian Beef! The Northside Spare Ribs that Chet picked out were fantastic! They were perfectly cooked, but I have to say the hit of the day was the shot glass desserts! I highly recommend these to everyone, even if you're on a diet! They had like 8 different choices from strawberry cheesecake to triple chocolate to smores to tiramusu to carrot cake and even an apple pie. They come in little shot glasses are just the right amount of dessert to enjoy and not go overboard!
It was a fantastic day and I thank my family for making it so special!

I also want to wish my mom a very Happy Mother's Day! I could not be the mom that I am or the woman that I am without you, Mom! You've been such an example of generosity, independence, determination, unconditional love, kind-heartedness, acceptance and patience that I could not have asked for or dreamed of a better role for a woman. Thank you for all that you've done for me, all that you've given me and all those things that defy description as so much of motherhood does.
I missed you today. I love you. Thanks for being my Mom.
Kelli


1 comment:

amy said...

I'm glad you had an awesome day with your two little men! Aren't boys the best?