Ice Storm January '09 has begun! I picked the kids up from school at noon to avoid having them on the bus driving on the icy roads. I'm glad I did because there was no ice on the way home at lunchtime and this is what it looked like by the time the bus drove by our house this afternoon at 4pm. We still have power and, hopefully, that will remain on. Just in case, we've run the dishwasher and are trying to get all the laundry done ASAP. The corded phone is ready to go. Stocked up on butane for the camping stove and the cell phone is charged. Plenty of batteries and flashlights are on hand in case they are needed. We are suppose to continue to get moisture through tomorrow afternoon. So, school is already cancelled for tomorrow and I think we're all happy about that. It's kinda strange because the rain isn't really coming down very hard, so it's very quiet, but as I look out the window the ice just gradually gets thicker. So, enjoy the pics and we'll keep you posted.
Monday, January 26, 2009
Ice Report - 5pm
Ice Storm January '09 has begun! I picked the kids up from school at noon to avoid having them on the bus driving on the icy roads. I'm glad I did because there was no ice on the way home at lunchtime and this is what it looked like by the time the bus drove by our house this afternoon at 4pm. We still have power and, hopefully, that will remain on. Just in case, we've run the dishwasher and are trying to get all the laundry done ASAP. The corded phone is ready to go. Stocked up on butane for the camping stove and the cell phone is charged. Plenty of batteries and flashlights are on hand in case they are needed. We are suppose to continue to get moisture through tomorrow afternoon. So, school is already cancelled for tomorrow and I think we're all happy about that. It's kinda strange because the rain isn't really coming down very hard, so it's very quiet, but as I look out the window the ice just gradually gets thicker. So, enjoy the pics and we'll keep you posted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment