
Here he is, my little chess whiz! I'm so proud of him! This is the second tournament he's played since he learned to play chess just over a year ago. Last year, we didn't win one game. This year, he won one, lost one and tied three times. He seemed to feel good about his game (especially after he won!) and said he had a really good time this morning! I was really impressed that his enjoyment wasn't predicated on whether he won every game. He's found a game he truly enjoys and I think it will serve him well.


I also have to say that as much as we parents joke about being bored sitting around the chess tournament (we not allowed to actually be in the room - hmm, wonder why that is...but also we can't leave the event), I had a really good time sitting and talking to some moms that I don't usually get to talk to. After two and a half years here it's nice to feel familiar and be making more connections. It was a good day all round. Thanks Amy and Jean for the pictures!
1 comment:
Chet, we are so proud of you. We know that you will "Master" anything you try.
Post a Comment