Yesterday, I set my alarm and got up at 7:30am. I have not been up at that probably all summer, but I thought I would get an early start on the things I had to do so I could finish early. Wow, was I wrong! It started when I was trying to place an order online. Generally, there are no time constraints when ordering online, but what was ordering was coming from Texas and so it my Godmother, so the plan was to save on tax and shipping and have her bring it. Even though the website said it would be available that day, it would not let me order. So, at 3pm I was finally able to order. When you start something simple at 7:30am, 3pm does NOT seem like an early finish to me.
Then, because I am the PTA membership, I was creating invitations to invite the teachers to a membership breakfast just for them next Tuesday. Again the plan is to start early and get them in their boxes by lunch so they have some notice before the event. Well, those didn't get done until 2:30pm and put in their boxes at 3:30pm (and only because my mom helped me) because....
The night before the A/C upstairs stopped working just before bed! Now again, because I was up early I was able to call the A/C people first thing when they opened. Our guy got here about 10am and wasn't done until 2pm, after we made plans to completely replace the upstairs system. Oh joy.
So, nothing appears to be going my way and then....
it turns in to one of these days....
I got to take my mom to see "Wicked" for her birthday! She and my dad introduced my sister and me to musicals early on. I loved going to the theater as kid! I always felt so grown up and something about live theater makes you feel like you are a part of the performance. I love it and tonight was no different!
I took Mom to Spaghetti Warehouse for dinner (once we found it. Argh, construction....). It was very yummy (15 layer lasagna!) and their service was very fast! Always nice when trying to get to an event!
Then we found our way to the theater (no construction there - yay!). We were in the Mezzanine and had a terrific view of the whole stage. Neither one of us had seen this musical, but with all we've heard about it, we were very excited!
It was Oziffic! The story explains how the Wicked Witch of West (Elphaba) and Glinda the Good Witch got to be who we see in the Wizard of Oz. They did such a great job of filling in the blanks and showing all these events that you have engrained in your head from a completely different perspective. The sets were beautiful and the costumes to die for! The ensemble cast played student, citizens of Oz and flying monkeys. That was one hard working cast with innumerable costume changes! So, we enjoyed every minute of it and I can't wait to go see another musical!
So, while my day didn't start off the best, it certainly changed by nighttime! Sometimes you just need a little different perspective!
Happy Birthday, Mom!
No comments:
Post a Comment