I've been to a FOREIGN country!

That, folks, is the Persain Gulf, as seen from the city of Dubai in the United Arab Emirates. For the uninitiated, it's the basically the financial center of the Middle East. Their version of New York City, but richer and with taller buildings. The building behind me is the Burg Al Arab (Arab Tower, we call it the Sail Hotel since it looks like a Sail.) It is the world's only 7 star hotel. You have to pay just to walk in to the lobby. Thankfully, we had a great view from the beach! Here's the tallest building in the world:
That, folks, is the Persain Gulf, as seen from the city of Dubai in the United Arab Emirates. For the uninitiated, it's the basically the financial center of the Middle East. Their version of New York City, but richer and with taller buildings. The building behind me is the Burg Al Arab (Arab Tower, we call it the Sail Hotel since it looks like a Sail.) It is the world's only 7 star hotel. You have to pay just to walk in to the lobby. Thankfully, we had a great view from the beach! Here's the tallest building in the world:
It's Burg Al Dubai and they're building an even taller one! The dustiness of the air makes everything look a little surreal and since it felt surreal to be over there at all it all seemed to fit.
Anyway, I went to Dubai to meet my hubby:
Then I got to bring him home with me!:
The boys had not seen him since April. So, we had some fun to catch up on:
We went to see Star Trek!
Oh, wait, Arkansas only seems like a foreign country. Actually, I shouldn't crack on Arkansas. It was really pretty and we stayed at fantastic state park - Devil's Den. Lots of hiking and relaxing, just not enough of either one.
But, then Dad was on his way again, but we snuck in some last minute family pictures. One of them actually turned out! ;)


So, it's been a busy summer! (I haven't even posted any pics of our three week sojourn to California!) Today feels like it's back to reality. School starts in just over two weeks! Unbelievable! I am just going to enjoy the rest of summer as much as I can!


2 comments:
Good grief! No wonder you haven't blogged in a while! It looks like you had a wonderful summer! I'm glad you're back safe and sound!
Great pics! Sounds like everyone had a wonderful visit!
Post a Comment