
This picture just makes me smile! If that doesn't say "It's Summer!" I don't know what does!
I can't believe school's been out for almost a week and I haven't posted any pics of the big day! It's also known as Super Kids Day at our school and we go all out with inflatables, games, popsicles and the fire truck comes and sprays down the 3rd-5th graders! It is any awesome day to be a kid!!
Chet made the tug-of-war team for his class, but you probably guessed from the picture they didn't win! They all had the grass stains and rope burns to prove how tirelessly they fought though!
Chet dared to race me (on the left) and my purple wheely board! I beat him by a mile, going backwards no less!

The best part of my day was right at the beginning when the bus driver stopped me to lean out the window and thank me for having such well behaved kids. She said, "It is an honor and a priviledge to drive your kids every day." Wow! As if I wasn't going to be teary eyed all day anyway! I feel so proud of them. Truthfully, you never know how they behave when they're out of your sight, so it's nice to know they do a good job of being respectful of others when they're navigating the world on their own!

The best part of my day was right at the beginning when the bus driver stopped me to lean out the window and thank me for having such well behaved kids. She said, "It is an honor and a priviledge to drive your kids every day." Wow! As if I wasn't going to be teary eyed all day anyway! I feel so proud of them. Truthfully, you never know how they behave when they're out of your sight, so it's nice to know they do a good job of being respectful of others when they're navigating the world on their own!
And finally, am I the only mom who cries on the last day of kindergarten? I did with Chet and it was no different for Ethan. He's grown so much this year and learned so much! All the credit for that goes to his fabulous teacher, Mrs. Weyher! She has made his kindergarten experience better than I ever could have hoped. There is truly a special place in Heaven for kindergarten teachers! Thank you, Mrs. Weyher! Now, of course, with all that growing and learning it is evident that E is no longer a little kid. In kindergarten, you can still convince yourself they are so little and small and maybe still, a little bit, your baby, but I can't even lie to myself anymore. He's a big guy now and while I'm so proud of him and all he can do, it's a little bittersweet to see him become that big boy. So, like I said, it was a teary eyed day, but, thankfully, for all the right reasons!





1 comment:
What? are you kidding? I cry every year at the end of school. There is something about it that makes you realize that they are getting older and another part of their lives are complete and you can never get that back. Ok, I am almost weepy thinking about it now. Next year will be horrible! Kassy will be leaving elementary school and that will be major for MOM!!!
Tonya :-)
Post a Comment