Friday, April 10, 2009

It's been a while

Yes, it's been a while since I've posted. Yes, I know saying I've been busy seems like just another excuse, but I have some photographic proof of said busyness! Since my last post:

These people came to visit:

Mom aka Grandma


My nephew, Andrew, and my sister, Melissa
(House count: 6)


We (and about a 1/2 million other people) went here

and here....with these people...

(Katie, Cody and Tracey (not pictured) Shepard)

The kids conquered various kinds of bulls:





(Ride 'em, Cowboy!)

We celebrated this person's birthday:

by making fun of her most famous photo pose:
"Deer in the headlights!"

We crossed over this bridge and river twice:

(The Red River between Texas & Oklahoma)


The big boys taught the little boy a little something about this:

(Lucky for my sister I don't think Andy was all that interested yet, but just you wait...yours is coming....)

We had this installed:


(A storm shelter, to guarantee that we will never see a tornado now that we've forked over the bucks!)

This guy arrived:
(My brother-in-law, Billy! House count up to: 7)
(And in another aside, this was a no-look photo! Just pointed the camera in Billy's direction!)
Six inches of this came down in a FREAK Spring Snow storm:

(Honestly, snow? On March 28th? Come on, people!)
Then this guy arrived!:

On this guy's birthday!:
(BEST. BIRTHDAY. PRESENT. EVER.)
(House count up to: 8!)

We took this photo:

(Before 4 of the 8 went back to California!)


This kid researched and gave a time capsule presentation on the 1920's:

(Did you know that Band-aids, Kool-aid and Q-tips were invented in the 20's and the first jars of commercially available peanut butter made the peanut butter and jelly sandwich very popular in the 20's? )

This kid started learning how to ride a bike without training wheels:

(Straightaways are good, just don't ask him to turn just yet! Luckily, he's perfected his "tuck-n-roll" move so he doesn't drive straight in to the pond!)


This kid and I went on a field trip to here:


(The Philbrook Museum of Art)


AND Spring arrived here:

(Now, I don't think I had a personal hand in making Spring come but I sure did spend a lot of time wishing it would hurry up and get here!)
So, perhaps all of that (and the many other things I've done over the last three weeks) doesn't excuse me from updating all you on my blog, but, at least now, you have a better idea of what I've been doing while I've been ignoring by blog duties!
So, Happy Easter to all and I should manage to get some Easter pics up tomorrow! (or the next day....) ;)







1 comment:

amy said...

What fun excuses for not blogging! I don't blame you one bit! {but I'm glad you're back!}