Saturday, October 11, 2008

Who woulda thought?

I didn't know Chet could paint so well! I am embarrassed at how surprised I was when Chet showed me this cute little "ghost" he painted! I've never seen him be so thoughtful and paint so well! I guess that sounds bad, but neither one of my darling boys shows much interest in the creative arts. (Of course, when you are grounded from your Wii and your computer I suppose all sorts of new talents could crop up!) Anyway, I was very proud of his creation and he even went back and painted another. This one is Ghostie and the second one was Pirate. Check out my creative son! You know THAT'S going in the scrapbook!
All in all it was a pretty creative day here. Ethan asked me to face paint for him, so, of course everyone gets face paint (or wrist pain as shown here). One of Chet's favorite cartoons right now is Ben 10. The boy changes in to an alien when he hits his cool watch thingy. So, this is what Chet asked me to paint on him! He thought it was cool and therefore, thinks I'm pretty cool.......for now.
I got to finally dig in to the class kit for my next scrapbook class I'm teaching October 23rd. This is paper I made with the main product in the kit: Glimmer Mist! What fun! I started with a white sheet of cardstock and sprayed two different colors of glimmer mist (latte and cran frost). I used a "glimmer screen" (acetate die cut) as a mask in certain areas, then with the mist still on it, I flipped it over and "stamped" the design on another part of the page! (Okay, I know most of you are just smiling and nodding at this point, but trust me, it's COOL! I mean, LOOK, at my cool paper!) And, in person, it is much more shimmery! So, tomorrow I put together the class project! How fun! (I'll post some pics when I've completed it so you can ooh and aah over it, too!)

No comments: