"Look, Mom, it's a miracle! There are TWO Baby Ruffies!" So, that's how my day started! For any of you that have not spent too much time with Ethan, especially at home, Baby Ruffie is his best little companion friend. He became attached to him when we were unpacking the house two years ago and they've been attached ever since. (His old companion, Pillow, didn't quite survive the big move.) He's been to many different places with us, but spends most of his time at home these days. ("I'm a Big Kid, now, Mom!" is Ethan's mantra these days!) But over the course of the last year, Baby Ruffie has been lost a couple times. Now, I'm sure all the good parenting books at this point would have said that was a natural time to let Baby Ruffie go, but honestly the big crocodile tears and super sad voice just broke my heart! So, I found this cute little Ty Beanie Baby Bulldog on eBay. In the meantime, Katie and Cody found another "Baby Ruffie" and shortly after that the original was found. So, now, I'm armed and prepared for any Baby Ruffie catastrophe! Well, last night Ethan fell asleep watching TV with no Baby Ruffie in sight. I searched the house. Chet searched the house. Could not find him anywhere. Since I really didn't want to get the 3am crying scene, I pulled out one of the back-ups and laid it down next to him. Fast forward to this morning, Ethan says, "How did Baby Ruffie get so fluffy?" (The back up was not quite so worn out.) "Oh, I don't know." Not long after that, Ethan looks under the table in the living room (he obviously has a better view of it from his vantage point...) and that's when the miracle of the TWO Baby Ruffies was discovered! He was so excited and is now carrying BOTH of them around all day!! Now what am I going to do? He has decided the "fluffy" one is a girl (because boys aren't fluffy, he says) and says he is going to give one to his best friend, Karsyn. Of course, she's on vacation for another week, so we'll have to see how generous he's feeling when she gets back! Sunday, October 19, 2008
It's a miracle!
"Look, Mom, it's a miracle! There are TWO Baby Ruffies!" So, that's how my day started! For any of you that have not spent too much time with Ethan, especially at home, Baby Ruffie is his best little companion friend. He became attached to him when we were unpacking the house two years ago and they've been attached ever since. (His old companion, Pillow, didn't quite survive the big move.) He's been to many different places with us, but spends most of his time at home these days. ("I'm a Big Kid, now, Mom!" is Ethan's mantra these days!) But over the course of the last year, Baby Ruffie has been lost a couple times. Now, I'm sure all the good parenting books at this point would have said that was a natural time to let Baby Ruffie go, but honestly the big crocodile tears and super sad voice just broke my heart! So, I found this cute little Ty Beanie Baby Bulldog on eBay. In the meantime, Katie and Cody found another "Baby Ruffie" and shortly after that the original was found. So, now, I'm armed and prepared for any Baby Ruffie catastrophe! Well, last night Ethan fell asleep watching TV with no Baby Ruffie in sight. I searched the house. Chet searched the house. Could not find him anywhere. Since I really didn't want to get the 3am crying scene, I pulled out one of the back-ups and laid it down next to him. Fast forward to this morning, Ethan says, "How did Baby Ruffie get so fluffy?" (The back up was not quite so worn out.) "Oh, I don't know." Not long after that, Ethan looks under the table in the living room (he obviously has a better view of it from his vantage point...) and that's when the miracle of the TWO Baby Ruffies was discovered! He was so excited and is now carrying BOTH of them around all day!! Now what am I going to do? He has decided the "fluffy" one is a girl (because boys aren't fluffy, he says) and says he is going to give one to his best friend, Karsyn. Of course, she's on vacation for another week, so we'll have to see how generous he's feeling when she gets back!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Austin (5-1/2) has his blankie (since birth) and then there is the "back up" blankie. It is very similiar but he knows the difference. We haven't been able to find the blankie for about a month now and he's be doing fine. This morning was the very first time he asked for it. But when I told him I didn't know where it was, he gave up pretty quickly. I guess he's growing up?!
Post a Comment