(P.S. I was checking this out after I posted and if you click on the pic you can see it full screen! All you computer savvy people probably already knew that, just be happy I'm catching up! Enjoy!)

Love this quote and love these pics of the kids flying kites. I got to use some of the Scenic Route paper I bought at CKC. I cut the flowers out of the scraps and I think they make a great accent!

This picture of the boys is one of my absolute favorites! There's just so much joy in their faces! I can't help but smile when I look at it! On the buttons I used a souffle' pen to draw the little designs. Another trick I learned at CKC!

This is one of those lame things I think is just oh-so-clever! It's a layout about chocolate chip cookies and the scallop edge pattern paper is reminscent of a cookie! I'm such a nerd!

I love the way the colors turned out in this layout! It's Aunt Cindi's 60th birthday and it just need fun bright colors. The paper is Stampin' Up and then in my stash I noticed I had flowers in all these colors and even a couple of brads with similar patterns. (I know it's hard to see here. Trust it looks good!) What I thought was cool, was that I probably wouldn't have put these flowers (or colors) together on my own, but taking inspiration from the paper it all works! I also figured out a good place to use my C.D. Muckosky letter stamps and that makes me happy!

This layout is probably my favorite of this batch!!!! The picture doesn't do it justice, because in person it just sparkles!!!! Like my mom's bracelets! The crystal swirl actually comes as a much larger swirl, but I didn't have that much room on my layout, so I cut it apart and arranged it like a photo corner and used the other extra pieces to highlight the flowers in the bottom left corner. The flowers are cut from scraps of the "Flip Flop Birthday" page above. It's double sided paper so I got the two different flowers from the same scrap! Then I used Stampin' Up rhinestone brads for flower centers and foam squares to raise them up a little. (and hard to see here!) Anyway, I just love it! I think it really accents all my mom's beautiful work!

Now there's actually journal card tucked behind the photos and a cute little ribbon to pull it out but the scanner cut it off! The quote at the top of the journal card says, "The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well." Isn't that the truth? Anyway, I took these pictures originally show how we are three generations of friends started by two teenage girls. I think I was thinking a little sappy at the time, but I was going to scrap this I realize we just aren't that sappy a group! We are much more of a plan every minute of fun group with a lot of sarcasm thrown in! It was fun to document some of our inside jokes through the years and pay homage to these really cool relationships that make my life better!
That's it for now. Can't wait to do some more, but alas, Thanksgiving and Christmas are upon and I will have to see when I can squeeze some scrapping time in. I need to just for my own mental health! Have a great weekend!
1 comment:
Great Blog...thanks
I really enjoy looking at the photos and your commentary really makes it special.
Take care
Post a Comment