Tuesday, June 10, 2008

10 on Tuesday, part I

Hi all! Well, we are off to California soon but I've been meaning to get pics of Chet's visit home on here before we left, so here I am - Ten on Tuesday - picture edition! (Of course, I've loaded all the pics in the wrong order! Someday, I may make it in to the 21st century! I am getting closer! My hubby sent me an iPod for my (early) birthday present! Thank you, Honey!)

Ten on Tuesday - Picture Edition
1. (Above) - Man vs. nature. Chet battled these little finches in their nest building efforts again this year! (Last year, they fought over an outdoor lighting fixture.) So, my husband outsmarted them again by putting a water bottle in their favorite nesting spot! I swear to you he wasn't out of the country more than a couple of days and I discovered this!

2. The BURN pile! The burn pile featured prominently in this visit home! These are all the branches and trees we lost during the ice storm in December. Now, coming from California, it seems like it would be easy to burn a bunch of dead tree branches and that you would have to worry about setting your neighbor's house on fire (and the surrounding 10,000 acres!), but out here, not so much! In fact we had to buy many Duraflame logs to get the pile to stay lit! Amazing! I guess humidity will do that!

3. My favorite three boys! Love this picture of the boys following in their dad's footsteps, eager to be with him and see what he's going to do next!


4. Me & My Honey! This is my new favorite picture! This picture was taken by my friend, Steph. We had Stephanie and her husband Allan and David and Tracey over for a wine tasting dinner. Chet barbqued and smoked steaks that were yummy! We served four courses and had tastings with the first three. It was a fun (and grown up) thing to do!

5. Chet jumping in to our pond! THIS was a Daddy thing! He let them swim in the pond. I don't want to be swimming with all those fishies, but the boys thought it was the greatest thing ever!

6. Ethan's first "gone" tooth! (have I already posted this?) Doesn't matter! The kid lost another one today. He got impatient waiting for me to pull to it, so, he pulled it himself! (Speaking of, the tooth fairy better remember to stop here tonight or she will be in BIG trouble!)

7. My first scrapbooking class!!! I taught my first scrapbooking class at a local scrapbook store last Thursday night! Here it the project I created and taught! There were six people there (including Steph & Tracey-thanks again for coming!) and we had great fun! I've already created a page layout class for the 17th of July! Mark your calendars now!



8. Latest family photo! Can you believe this is the only family shot I got of the four of us while Chet was home? Lucky, I got this one or they would've revoked my scrapbooking license!

9. Me & E. He just kills me with that smile! This was Mother's Day and what a great day I had with all my boys! Chet even had them bring me breakfast in bed! I am a lucky girl!

10. Chet & Dad! This was the last day of school or what we like to call: Super Kids Day!!! Dad was real trouper and manned the bounce house with me during the morning and then we got to watch Chet and his class win the 3rd grade tug-of-war battle! Go, Chet, Go!!!

Well, that's a fairly good summary of our last month or so! More adventures this month as we head off to see many of you out there in California! We are all very excited and I will post more during our trip! Happy summer!

No comments: