Monday, April 21, 2008

"Will you scrapbook with me?" He said...

Now, I was in the middle of a pretty big project I've been trying to finish, but when Ethan came down the stairs and asked me this and looked at me those big brown eyes of his, how could I say no? He even said to me, "You can finish your stuff after we scrapbook." Oh, little boy. I looked at him as he created his page and thought of how much he's learned in the last year and how tall he's gotten. How we've been working on him doing more things for himself. How he'll be in kindergarten all day next year and how he's not quite my little baby boy anymore. You always know as a parent you have to let your children go, but who would have thought it would hurt so much at age 5. I love you, E, and in my heart you will always be my little baby boy.

No comments: