Monday, January 21, 2008

The Medical Oddities of Little Ethan




My poor little guy! Check out that lip! He had a cavity filled at the dentist, which went surprisingly well, I must say! Well, his lip was numb, of course, and he started playing with it and chewing on it! I warned him. The dental tech warned him. But apparently he chose to learn this lesson the hard way! We hadn't been home more than hour and his lip was swollen to five times the size and bloody. Yuck! Poor thing's had a fat and nasty looking lip for several days now! The swelling is mostly gone today and it just needs to finish healing. His dad and I are going to add this picture to his other oddities, like the big fat ear from a spider bite a few months ago. (The top picture) So, add that to the broken arm at age 1 and the scarlet fever at age 3, Ethan is going to have a nice big scrapbook of all his medical oddities! So, while most parents will be showing their kids' dates naked baby pictures, we'll be showing Ethan's all his crazy medical anomalies! (Don't worry, I'll throw in a couple naked baby pictures, too!)

No comments: