Friday, December 31, 2010

This Christmas...



... I had a special girls lunch with Tracey & Steph to exchange presents. Steph wore her matching Merrytini shirt that Tracey gave all of us for Christmas last year. Tracey and I did not.


...Big Chet bought a new 9 ft. pre-lit tree. Too big for the regular spot it found a home next to the fireplace. Thankfully, it was a rather warm Christmas and we didn't need to get the blankets in the cupboard the tree is now blocking.

...we hosted the Shepards, Curbs, Noftz and Lukers to our annual Chili Dinner. Rich ate a bowl laced with 4 drops of Da Bomb Haberno Hot Sauce! Steph wore her Merrytini shirt. Tracey and I did not.

...Grandpa flew out from Palm Springs and spent 10 days with us! He is a force of calm during an otherwise stressful season.


...I created many handmade gifts. Loved making something with my hands for the people I love.

...Big Chet nixed my nostaglic big C9 outdoor Christmas lights for energy efficient LED icicle lights with easy to hang clips. It looks nice especially since we didn't have real icicles this year!



...I made paper Christmas trees in shades of white with blue "ornaments" for my parents to comemmorate Grandma Margie's non-traditional white tree with blue silk ornaments. Melissa put it in their hotel room before they arrived and surrounded them with blue Christmas lights. I can not tell you how much I love this!

...Santa brought the boys an Xbox 360. We may not see them again until next Christmas.

...I was amazed that Santa knew what the boys wanted because we didn't even go visit him. Ooops!


...we had a cat to climb the tree and open the presents in advance. Surprisingly, the puppy did not do either of these things.
...I received a shower curtain as a gift from my sister and her husband. Already planning for his next gift...


...Ethan and Chet helped make Christmas Sugar Cookies. When you do it the day before Christmas and there's no one to give dozens of cookies to, there are A LOT of cookies to eat.
...I still haven't sent out my Christmas cards.

...we went to the Shepards for Christmas Eve Mexican Fiesta! Tracey and I wore our Merrytini shirts. Steph wasn't even there to see it!

...our tradition of the kids getting new pajamas on Christmas Eve continues. So does the tradition of opening TWO presents on Christmas Eve so that Ethan won't cry that his one present was pajamas.

...the boys woke up at 12:20am to see what Santa brought them (and maybe see the big guy himself). Tired Mommy sent them right back to bed. They got up again at 3am and 5am. Mom and Dad didn't get up until 7:30am. That's a lot of time just looking at Santa's gifts!


...while he loves the Xbox 360, Ethan's favorite gift was his Paper Jamz guitar!


...we realize we are truly blessed by the family and friends God has surrounded us with. I hope your Christmas was as merry as ours.

No comments: